Thursday, March 27, 2008

PR: Truth and Consequences

My computer and I had a paragraph written here and I lost it. So, I'm going to have to finish this up tomorrow. But, as a sneak preview. This clip is from one of the best television series, "The Wire". This show went strong for 5 seasons and the last season which aired this month exposures the media for what it is worth. As we learn, PR plays an important role in politics and the publics who have impact on organizations and other institutions. The job of PR is to tell the truth and not manufacture it. But, with the PR tools that include news releases and pitch letters, we learn how not to make the truth dull but exciting. If you are a big fan of the Wire, you know exactly what I'm talking about. For those of you don't, stay tuned. I have something on NPR to share with you this weekend.

No comments: